Hair loss is a problem that many people suffer from. There can be several factors behind hair loss such as environmental effects, aging, too much stress, excessive smoking, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalance, genetic factors, scalp infections, use of wrong or chemically enriched hair products
1. Indian Gooseberry (Amla) ( Phyllanthus Emblica )
For natural and fast hair growth, you can use Indian gooseberry, also known as amla. Indian gooseberry is rich in vitamin C, of which a deficiency in the body can cause hair loss.
The anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, and the exfoliating properties present in Indian gooseberry can help maintain a healthy scalp and promote hair growth.
Hair loss home remedy using Amla or indian gooseberry
- Mix one tablespoon each of Indian gooseberry or amla pulp and lemon juice.
- Massage your scalp with the mixture thoroughly. Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave it on overnight and shampoo your hair in the morning.
2. Fenugreek ( Methi )
Fenugreek, also known as methi, is highly effective in treating hair loss. Fenugreek seeds contain hormone antecedents that enhance hair growth and help rebuild hair follicles. They also contain proteins and nicotinic acid that stimulate hair growth.
- Soak one cup of fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
- In the morning, grind them to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to your hair and cover with a shower cap. After about 40 minutes, rinse your hair.
- Follow this remedy every morning for a month.
3. Onion Juice
Onion juice helps treat hair loss due to its high sulfur content, which helps improve blood circulation to the hair follicles, regenerate hair follicles and reduce inflammation.
The antibacterial properties in onion juice also help kill germs and parasites, and treat scalp infections that can cause hair loss.
- Extract the juice of one onion by grating it and then strain it. Apply the juice directly onto the scalp. Leave it on for about 30 minutes, and then wash it off. Finally, shampoo your hair.
- Mix together three tablespoons of onion juice and two tablespoons of aloe vera gel. You can also add one tablespoon of olive oil. Apply this mixture onto your scalp and leave it on for at least 30 minutes before rinsing it off and shampooing your hair.
- Repeat either of these remedies two or three times a week for several weeks.
4. Aloe Vera (Ghritkumari )
Aloe vera contains enzymes that directly promote healthy hair growth. Also, its alkalizing properties can help bring the scalp and hair’s pH to a more desirable level, which can greatly promote hair growth.
Regular use can also relieve scalp itching, reduce scalp redness and inflammation, add strength and luster to hair, and alleviate dandruff. Both aloe vera gel and juice will work.
- Apply aloe vera gel or juice onto the scalp.
- Leave it on for a few hours and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process three to four times a week.
- You can also consume one tablespoon of aloe vera juice daily on an empty stomach to enjoy better hair growth.
5. Licorice Root (Muleti)
Licorice root is another herb that prevents hair loss and further damage to the hair. The mollifying properties of licorice roots open the pores, soothe the scalp and help get rid of irritations like dry flakes. This remedy is good for dandruff, hair loss and baldness.
- Add one tablespoon of ground licorice root to one cup milk with a quarter teaspoon saffron. Mix it thoroughly.
- Apply the paste on bald patches at bedtime and leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, wash your hair.
- Follow this remedy once or twice a week.
- You can also take licorice internally in the form of licorice tea three times a day.
Curd is an excellent remedy for improving the quality of the hair and prevents hair loss as well. It ios one of the best conditioners and can be used in various forms:
- Mix curd with black pepper. Apply this on your hair. Wash off thoroughly when dry
- Mix curd with honey and apply this on your hair. Applying curd with honey or lime juice moisturizes your hair.
It also makes your hair shiny. This natural hair mask is also effective against dandruff which can be a cause of hair loss.
7. Hair Oil Massage
The first step that you can take to reduce hair loss is to massage your scalp with appropriate hair oil. Proper hair and scalp massage will increase blood flow to the hair follicles, condition the scalp, and enhance the strength of your hair’s roots. It will also promote relaxation and reduce feelings of stress.
You can use hair oils like coconut or almond oil, olive oil, castor oil, amla oil, or others. Add a few drops of rosemary essential oil to the base oil for better and faster results. Other types of oil that you can use are emu oil, argan oil, and wheat germ oil.
- Massage any of the hair oils mentioned above onto your hair and scalp by applying light pressure with your fingertips.
- Do this at least once a week.
# Coconut Oil Massage
Coconut Oil is perhaps the best oil for preventing hair loss. This oil is used extensively in India and no one can doubt the quality of hair that Indian women possess. Coconut oil acts as sealant by preventing hair from losing its moisture. Apart from the fine nutrition that it provides to your hair, the lauric acid in coconut oil has antibacterial properties that keep away your scalp from infections.
# Olive Oil Massage
Olive Oil is rich in antioxidants and thus provide great nourishment to your hair. It also penetrates hair shafts better and prevent them from narrowing down by controlling the hormone called DTH. The extra virgin olive oil is best one when it comes to hair loss as it is rich in vitamin E and mono unsaturated fatty acids that not only prevents hair loss but also promotes hair growth.